Sunday, June 16, 2013

And so it really goes... :)

Well...I am back to blogging as you can see...after long time! And I won't try to deny - I am a horrible blogger but this time I have a very good reason to use this tool and hopefully will keep using it for next couple years (at least!). And you can hold me accountable for that! ;)

For some time I've been wanting to share with you all what God has put on my heart. Some of you who know me quite well know that I love everything connected with Latin American culture - people, music, language, dance, customs, etc. I am not quite sure why and how it all happened. But after living in Miami (a city where you hear Spanish and salsa music pretty much all the time and where everyone has at least one relative who comes from Latin America) I really felt drawn to this culture and people even more. (Just play salsa music and you'll see what it does to me :))

Since leaving Miami I've been not only thinking about visiting Latin American countries but have been wanting to be more immersed in their culture. Unfortunately there are not many Latin Americans leaving in Bristol (UK) and if they are then they are spread around the city - no communities...So I often would have this crazy idea of moving to this part of the world but then I thought: "You seriously need to stop this! It's only the weather that makes you want to go plus you finally need to settle down! NO more travelling!" So I pushed these thoughts away but they came back. So I started to pray and I prayed that God would clearly show me my true motives. And I prayed for a long time until I realized that God gave me these desires. After that I started to look into different options still quite hesitant. I wasn't sure in what form this was meant to happen. So I prayed even more and when the option of going as a missionary came up, I thought - No, no, I wouldn't be able to do this. Plus living on someone else's support and not being independent...no, no, no. But hey! God is amazing and He does change our hearts and attitudes! And once again He did change mine so here I am now telling you (and finally getting to the point :)) that I am about to go to Latin America as a missionary! And I am really excited about it and feel at peace as I am trusting Him and His great plans!

Now, you are probably asking "Where...?!When...?!What...?!How...?!" I am not able to give you all the answers at this point as everything is still a work in progress...I've been working with Latin Link - a Christian mission organisation focused on Latin American countries (www.latinlink.org.uk). They are looking for a placement for me and it looks like I will be going to Costa Rica. There are few ministries going on there, they are mostly focused on working in poor communities, teaching English, working with local churches, etc. I don't want to give any incomplete information at this point as nothing has been confirmed. I should know more very soon and I will make sure to keep you all updated. For now I would like to ask you for your prayers. Please pray for the right placement for me - for a placement where all my gifts and skills can be used for His glory and His kingdom. And also for coming months as I will be raising financial support...Scary! :)

Please contact me if you have any questions. My email address is jana.laukova@yahoo.com. I will be more than happy to share more about how God has been leading me to this decision and what He has been doing in my life (if this is something completely new to you). May God bless you all and I will be back here soon! :)

“And you, my son Solomon, acknowledge the God of your father, and serve him with wholehearted devotion and with a willing mind, for the Lord searches every heart and understands every desire and every thought. If you seek him, he will be found by you; but if you forsake him, he will reject you forever." 1 Chronicles 28:9

No comments: