Saturday, August 3, 2013

Time to update!


I am glad to be back with a little bit of update! I can now tell you where and what I will be doing in
the near future :) 

As I previously mentioned I will be going to Costa Rica for two years! I will be working in the Women's Social Work/Microbusiness ministry run by Students International (www.stint.com/si-ministry/countries/costa-rica). Their vision is to see lives and families transformed as women discover their value and identity in Christ, receive love and support as they reach personal and business goals. This ministry takes place in three poor communities of San Jose - Los Guido, La Capri, and Las Fuentes.

I will be helping women in these communities with their microenterprises, teaching them basic business principles such as writing a business plan, writing and keeping a budget, accounting, marketing, etc. This ministry also includes English classes, baking and cooking classes (yay!:)), support group for teenage girls and providing discipleship.

I am hoping to leave in October. But it all depends on how my support raising is going. As a missionary, I won't be paid while I am there. Therefore I need to raise enough money now in order to cover all my living costs once I'm there.

At this point I would like to ask you for your prayers (if you believe in the power of prayer). This is completely new experience for me. Since 18 I've always been dependent on myself (with some help of parents at the beginning) and had paid jobs. Next two years I will depend on God and His provision through His people. I am sure it will teach me lots of humbleness and gratefulness... Also please pray for the coming months as I will be preparing to leave that God will prepare my heart for what I am about to face and experience - new culture, people, language, work environment, new challenges... I'm looking forward to what God will teach me through this all. Though at the same time I know that it won't be easy to leave Bristol when the time comes. Please also pray for my financial support and all the other details such as my accommodation, protection and health, for all the paper work, etc. I could go on and on :)

If you would like to become part of my prayer support team or just would like to hear about my life in Costa Rica, please let me know and I will make sure that you receive my updates on regular basis. If you would like to partner with me and give financially (either one time or monthly), visit www.latinlink.org.uk/donate and type my name in ‘Start typing name to find person or project’ and follow the rest of instructions.

Either in the form of prayers or giving, I will be very grateful for your support. I am fully aware that I cannot do this on my own.

If you have any questions, please ask! Either grab me when you see me and we can arrange to go for a cup of coffee or as English people say for a cuppa!:) Or email me on jana.laukova@yahoo.com. I am looking forward to all the questions!:)

That's all for now. Though more details coming soon.

And thank you so much for reading my blog! :)
 

No comments: