Saturday, September 21, 2013

Trusting God

So many times I thank God that He is in control and not me! That He can see the bigger picture and knows what is best. Being a planner, I find difficult when my plans suddenly change and I have to adjust to new plans. This is something that I am still learning...

At the beginning of September I was supposed to go to my one week orientation for Costa Rica taking place near London. Less than one week before I found out that my grandma would be having a risky surgery that week. Couple weeks before she had been diagnosed with colon cancer at the age of 82 and this surgery was necessary for her to live. Therefore I decided to go home and cancel the orientation. This postponed my departure for Costa Rica as I now will be attending the orientation in December and therefore leaving after Christmas/New Year's Eve. Looking at it now I am glad that I won't be leaving next month because it means that I can stay here little bit longer, go to Slovakia for some time before I leave and also it gives me more time to raise my support. So praise the Lord that He knows me so well and knows what is better for me.

Besides the departure time nothing else has changed. I have attached some pictures of the ministry in Costa Rica that I will be involved in. When I received them, I got really excited. I've also given notice at work, effective on 29th November - this made it feel really real! And also the fact that I have already raised little bit over 50% of my support! God is good and faithful!

Please let me know (via email - jana.laukova@yahoo.com or Facebook message) if you would like to know more about my ministry work in Costa Rica or if you want me to send you updates via email once I am there. Also, if you feel like donating and partnering with me, you can still do it through Latin Link website (www.latinlink.org.uk/donate) or I can give you my personal bank account information. If you choose the first option, please select my name under 'Start typing name to find person'.

There are few things that I would love you to pray for if you can:
- my grandma
- next few months when I will be preparing to leave - all the practicalities + spiritual preparation
- my new home, church family, new language, new culture

Thank you all for reading my blog and your support & prayers! :)






No comments: