Sunday, February 16, 2014

Back to Costa Rica OR 1 month and 5 days update :)

I just returned from Quito, Ecuador where I spent one week at the Latin Link International Assembly (it takes place every 4 years). It was very good and encouraging time! More than 150 Latin Link missionaries at one place. People from England, Scotland, Ireland, Northern Ireland, Germany, Spain, Holland, Switzerland, Finland, Slovakia (of course!) and Latin America plus couple Canadians and Northern Americans! What a great mixture! I loved the diversity! I also loved that I already knew some of them thanks to either our orientation at All Nations College in December or other Latin Link related events that had happened in Latin Link office last year. It was great to see everyone again and share our experience in LA so far!

 
 

I really enjoyed getting to know everyone, listening to different stories and learning new things from each other but mainly I loved our worship time. I have worshipped in 2 different languages before but never 4! What an amazing experience! I cannot wait to be in heaven and be a part of worship in even more languages!:)

Besides being part of multicultural group, I enjoyed being in a new country and culture. Quito is an interesting place, let me tell you! First of all, being 2,800 m above sea level surrounded by the mountains! It means being higher than Gerlachovsky stit (Gerlach Peak in the High Tatras - the highest peak of Slovakia) and not only for an hour or so but for the whole week! I couldn't get my head around it! The place where we stayed wasn't directly in Quito, it was about 45 minutes away from the centre. On clear days we could see one of the volcanoes in Ecuador called Cotopaxi.


Having worked in the events department and hotel industry, I couldn't stop myself from observing the conference venue and how our snack and meal breaks were done. I know I am so sad! :) And I have to say that I was really impressed - the food was great (and in fact it reminded me of Slovak cuisine) and I loved all the details such as table decorations, food presentation and on the last day (Valentine's Day) we all were given a little marshmallow in the shape of heart for breakfast (of course besides other stuff:)). And of course everyone was very nice and helpful! This place is actually a seminary but also used for conferences and other events. Well done Semi Sud team! :) (As you can see I haven't been here long enough - my previous work is still 'hunting' me! :))

Anyway!:) All I wanted to say is that it was a great experience to be part of this conference and I am very grateful for it! From the spiritual point of you, it was very encouraging to see so many people having a heart for Latin America and to hear about their experiences but mainly to be part of God's family and learn more about God's mission. And also, as being a big fan of traveling, I am very thankful for having the opportunity to visit Quito and experience at least a bit of Ecuadorian culture.


Now I am back to San Jose, Costa Rica. I cannot say anymore than I have been here 'only' 5 weeks - it's time to settle down, get into some kind of routine but mainly learn SPANISH! :) So on Monday I am going back to school and tackle the subjunctive and other joys of this language :)

2 comments:

Unknown said...

lovely girls :)

Love Susanna

Unknown said...
This comment has been removed by the author.