Sunday, March 2, 2014

Some of my observations :)

All right! So here are some of my observations on the life and culture of Costa Rica! These are just some and not all of them - there will be more coming in future so stay tuned! :)

Let me start with my favourite one - money - ehm...of course, not for what it represents but how it looks like here! :) See for yourself! Doesn't it remind you of play money?

 
By the way, the currency of Costa Rica is called the colón (approx. -  €1 = 693 colones, £1 = 840 colones, $1 = 502 colones).

Latinos know how to have a picnic!

Today I joined a group of ladies from my church and went to the thermal pools in Orosi Valley. When it comes to meal arrangements, it was a bring and share deal! I was amazed by the amount of food everyone brought! And the variety as well! Not just some boring sandwich stuff! I like! :)

 
Here is an example of so called 'almuercito' - it has everything in it! Tortillas, scrambled eggs, chicken, plantains and of course rice and beans - all wrapped in banana leaves! It's very typical - it's something that people working at fields from early hours used to and probably still do eat. Quite obvious why! :)
 
 
 The Orosi Valley is less than one hour away from San Jose, very close to other famous Costa Rican town called Cartago (it used to be the capital of Costa Rica). It offers beautiful views as well as some hot springs :) Nice!
 


Staying fit

And lastly, other thing I noticed about Ticos is that they like to stay fit and they do something about it! There is a sports area very nearby my current home - with a sports hall, football pitch and basketball court and something like a running track. And the amount of people that uses it every day is unbelievable! There are Zumba classes every morning and evening (besides Sunday I believe) for free! More than 100 people come and join in! And one time the class was cancelled and instead of going home, people stayed and ran! Love it!




1 comment:

Unknown said...

L O V E the money pics x

Susanna