Tuesday, April 1, 2014

My first 'feria' (veg&fruit market) shopping on my own

On Saturday morning I went to buy some vegetables and fruit at the local market. It was my first time on my own with the aim of buying a lot for the whole week. As I hadn't had much time before to think about what I was going to cook and eat this week, I decided to stick to the known. As you can see, there is not much of the exotic veg&fruit spirit going on! Bananas, mandarins, apples, cantaloupe, broccoli, zucchini, potatoes, cucumber, onions, spring onions, radish and now getting a little more exciting - papaya and mango! Delicious! Now, there are 2 more types of veg that I haven't mentioned yet and they might not be so common across the ocean - chayote and yucca! I am quite excited about these two as I haven't used them in my cooking before. We shall see...

 
Needless to say, there is so much more out there! And I am very much looking forward to exploring new flavours and expanding my cooking skills.
 
I have been working on the photo collection of interesting and unknown (to Europe) kinds of fruit and veg - coming soon :)
 
 

No comments: