Friday, April 11, 2014

The advanture continues...my last day at school

Today was my last at the language school:( I spent there 10 weeks studying Spanish and really enjoyed it! It felt like I had put all my previous knowledge of this beautiful language together and (almost) everything made sense (or not:)). There is still so much to learn though! If I think about how many years it took me to learn English and speak it! (and don't get me wrong - I am still learning this language too) The truth is that the previous experience of studying a foreign language helps! Also, love for languages and especially the grammar part helps! :) And I can't forget - having a good teacher is very important too!
 
The question is - Am I ready to go out there and speak the language? Hmm...let me think about it...NO! But I will never be - well at least not for good couple years I wouldn't be (even if I continued to study the language at the language school). But I am quite excited about what's coming next - using what I have learnt and hopefully improving day by day. It definitely won't be the same as being in the classroom (or as my Spanish teacher would say 'in the laboratory':)) - it will be more frustrating and difficult but at the same time humbling and rewarding. And with God's help it will get easier and easier every day or week. I pray that God will use my basic (well according to the language school 'advanced') knowledge of Spanish for His glory here in San Jose.
 
Here are some pictures from the language school :)
 
 
Cooking class - making tortillas
 
 
At one point we were a class of 3 chicas + our teacher Paola
 
 
But also I was blessed to have 2 weeks of 1:1 with Paola
 
 
During this time we were able to look into more problematic areas of the language...
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 ...but we also visited the centre of San Jose and an exhibition in order to learn more about the culture of Costa Rica and Latin America generally (if you want to know who Mafalda is, read http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mafalda)...
 
 
Today (my last day) I prepared a little presentation about Slovakia - in Spanish of course! :)
 
 
 
 
 


 
 
 

No comments: