Tuesday, April 15, 2014

Festival Internacional de las Artes

First 2 weeks of April San Jose hosted the Festival of International Arts. The program was full and as the title suggests, it presented the arts from all over the world. The festival had many venues in the city - the main one was a big park called La Sabana. Here you could walk around and visit many stalls with arts and hand-made products from different countries. Very nice and interesting things!


Of course there were some food stalls as well. Besides this, many concerts, performances, workshops and kids activities took place  every day. Unfortunately for rather inconvenient location I didn't manage to get there as much as I wished. Here are some pictures and videos from my few visits. I apologize for the poor video quality - my phone is not the most advanced one ;) Hopefully you'll be able to experience at least a bit of what I did!:)
 
The concert of the National Symphony Orchestra
 
 Presenting some national dances (cumbia - creole, merengue, salsa, etc.)


 
 Concert of Flamenco guitar
 
The concert of Son Mayor (my most favourite one:))

 
 And here are the promised videos :)

 
 
 
 
 
 
Really enjoyed the concert of Son Mayor - sadly only got the end of it! Loved how people just started to dance salsa, merengue and cumbia right there! :) What a great experience!
 

No comments: