Saturday, February 1, 2014

¿Qué pasó? (Very common phrase in Spanish and means 'What happened?/What's up?')

I thought I would start with a little Spanish lesson :)

So yeah! What has happened since the last time I updated my blog? Well the right answer in Spanish would be 'Mucho!' :) A lot!

So far I have studied Spanish for two weeks (5 days a week/4 hours a day) at the Costa Rican Language Academy and I really enjoyed it. All the bits and bobs that I learnt in previous years came together and made sense! Besides filling my brain with lots of grammar rules and then trying to apply them, I also attended few dance classes and cooking classes in order to get to know the Latin American culture.




Talking about food, I cannot forget to mention my trip to a local market (feria). I got to try a 'chorreada con queso' (a typical Costa Rican dish - it's a pancake made of corn flour) as well as some exotic fruits. Delicious! And what a joy to see all the colours! :)



 

Besides I got to do a little bit of traveling and exploring...I saw the Orosi Valley - very close to San Jose and Cartago. There are lots of beautiful views, flowers, a lake, coffee plants, church and church ruins.

 
 
And of course I explored the centre of San Jose! It's full of cars, noise, interesting people...But what I really like about San Jose as a city is that it's surrounded by mountains. Depending on the weather, I get to see different views every day - it's hard to catch them by camera because there are always lots of buildings blocking the whole view but the mountains are there!
 
 
 


 Next time more on culture and interesting things that I have observed. Stay tuned! :)
 
 

No comments: